Sunday, June 13, 2010

Marathon Training Week 3: XVth century convent and a fall down the stairs

This post is a week late (I actually just finished week 4's training about an hour ago). Have been having wrist problem so will keep this brief... but, for my own personal record, here we go:


Monday - off

Tuesday -  15 km 71 minutes. felt good for 2 days after 32 km.

Wednesday - off, fighting cold.

Thursday - yasso 800m: 2:52, 50, 50, 47, 48, 49, 49, 51, 50, 50. hard but not egriously so. 18 km total.

Friday - am:16.2 km, 84 minutes. tired, very!. 
pm: fall down staircase at 15th century convent. develop severe bruising on ass & tailbone.

Sat - off, ass hurt too much to run.

Sun - ditto.

Yes, we were staying at a gorgeous XVth century convent during a conference. I fell down a flight of stone stairs on my first night with... horror.. la cocotte strapped to my chest. Falling while marsupialing la cocotte has been one of my biggest fears (and I never even contemplated it happening down a flight of stairs). Very, very luckily for me, only my ass, tailbone and shoulder blade were bruised. La cocotte, whose comment on the event was "gayga!" was completely unharmed. It took me about 5 minutes to stand up. I tried to call for help but was drowned out by a horny peacock who was repeatedly crowing, and it was night so no one could see me at the bottom of the staircase. I got back to our room, handed hubby la cocotte and, for the second time EVER in 35 years of life, fainted. I consider myself very lucky and lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment