Sunday, January 8, 2012
Exit Strategy Conclusion
I've decided to push. I say this realizing that it is not necessarily my decision to make BUT I have decided to line things up to try for a VBAC. I will still schedule a c-section for several days after my due date - essentially the longest delay that my OB thinks is safe, or, more practically the first day she is on call after my due date. The hope though is that I go into labor on my own beforehand and go for it! Ultimately in the swirl of pros and cons, I decided that if possible I would like to spare my family the 4-6 weeks of being essentially not being very functional. La cocotte will necessarily be getting less attention after her sibling arrives, if possible I would like to avoid not being able to pick her up or hold her. Hubby will necessarily be getting less sleep and be more stressed after la cocotte's sibling arrives, I would like if possible to participate in the "workload" as much as possible. Very noble sentiments. Almost laughable in their implication that i have some control over what happens. But I can try. What I sense will happen is that I will go into labor on my own, NOT progress and then NOT have the "convenience" of a previously scheduled c-section during the day where my OB does the surgery and we can pre-arrange for care for la cocotte and will ALSO wind up with the inconvenience of the 4-6 week recovery period. But, it's worth a shot.