Monday, April 12, 2010

A cautionary tale

For all the mommies out there who, like me, bench press their babies to build upper body strength (oh come on... I know I am not the only one who does it). If, while bench pressing baby, baby picks up a large heavy object (like for example a full water bottle)... do not think "cool, more weight to press." Instead, be aware that baby can and will randomly drop aforementioned large, heavy object at any time, without warning and said large heavy object may then fall into your eye. Ouch.

5 comments:

  1. oh no!! I often wonder which of my 4 boys will be the one to break my nose. I have had a couple black eyes but so far my nose is intact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I bet she thought it was funny! I hope you managed to blink in time. The Lorax just thought it would be extremely enjoyable to jab a tweezers into my eye. Moms should have double thick lids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late, but had to say I loved the race report, even though running faster than me and breastfeeding almost simultaneously is making me feel a bit of a sluggard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: your comments on my blog. I'll send you an email, but it won't be for a while. In the world of bad movies (where I reign supreme), mention of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" just gets you scorned - doesn't even make the top 200!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to find your blog! I was once a Canadian in Italy (Sicily), and even had my first baby there. Where in Italy are you? I agree with a lot of your observations about the country. I was glad to leave after 3 years, but there are things I miss.... like, the mozzarella di bufala in Naples and the fact that you don't have to worry about people stealing your kid.

    I'm also a runner, though far slower and less accomplished!

    ReplyDelete