Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dinosaur Train

Two and a half hours until the start of the 1/2 Marathon.

1. It is PISS POURING rain. And that is the GOOD news b/c it is barely above zero, so it's lucky it isn't something more solid than rain coming down, though rain right around zero is probably actually hypothermia-making than snow right around zero.

2. I forgot to taper yesterday. Well, I didn't forget but I didn't realize that I am so out of shape that 16 km very easy while pushing la cocotte in the BBJ would wind up being a work-out. It was. Now I am oh, so sore.

3. We watched the PBS show Dinosaur Train this morning and I have the song stuck in my head. Not the whole song, just the two words of it I know. Yes, those two words would be: Dinosaur and Train. So I am looking forward to 21.1 km to the rhythym of Dinosaur Train! Dinosaur Train! Or occassionally for variety - DinoSaur! Train!

Yes, thank you, I WOULD like some cheese with my whine.
Whatever.

I am looking forward to a good, hard run. Truly. The advantage of being under-trained and under-tapered is having low expectations and zero nerves.

DINOSAUR TRAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment